A menstrual cup free of toxins and BPA
Easy to use and comfortable fit for 8 hours of protection
Reusable menstrual cup which is better for you and the planet too.
Discover a new form of monthly menstrual protection with The Diva Cup Menstrual Cup. The natural form of menstrual protection, the Diva Cup provides protection for up to 8 hours. Model 0 is designed for women under 18 and new to the world of periods. This reusable menstrual cup, which is BPA-free, is comfortable and easy to use.
Material: Health Care Grade Silicone
Care & Cleaning: Hand wash
Health Facts: BPA-free
Step 1: Fold
– Fold Option 1 “U Fold”: Press the sides of the cup together and then fold it in half again forming a tight “U” shape.
– Fold Option 2 “Push Down”: Place a finger on the top rim of the cup and press it down into the center of the inside base to form a triangle. This makes the top rim much smaller to insert.
Step 2: Hold
– Hold the folded sides firmly in place between your thumb and forefinger so that the curved edge is facing away from your palm (or so that the stem is facing your palm).
Step 3: Insert
– In a comfortable position and with your vaginal muscles relaxed, gently separate the labia with your free hand and then push the curved edge of the folded DivaCup horizontally into the vaginal opening so that the tip of the stem is no further than a 1/2 inch (1.27 cm) into the vagina. Inserting The DivaCup too high in the vaginal canal may cause leaks, and may also make removal more difficult. Not sure where to find your labia or vaginal opening? Visit our All Things Period page for a brief overview on vaginal anatomy.
Step 4: Seal and Rotate
– Grip the base of the cup (not the stem) and turn the cup one full rotation (360 degrees) in either direction or insert the cup about half way, turn the cup one full rotation and then push it horizontally in the rest of the way. The DivaCup must rotate easily as this ensures that it is fully open and that it is positioned horizontally towards your tailbone.
Step 5: Removal
– To remove, pull gently on the stem of The DivaCup until you can reach the base of the cup. Pinch the base of the cup to release the seal and continue to pull down to remove it. After the cup has been removed, empty the contents in the toilet, wash The DivaCup well with warm water and The DivaWash, or a mild unscented water-based (oil-free) soap, and reinsert.
When to Empty
The DivaCup must be emptied, washed and reinserted at least 2 times a day (twice in a 24 hour period) and can be worn overnight without concern of leaking. Most women need only to empty it in the morning and again in the evening.
By monitoring the fullness of the cup over a couple of cycles, you will quickly learn how often to empty it according to your specific needs. Most women find that the cup is not even half full after 12 hours. For those with heavier flows, the cup is simply emptied more often.
If you have a fairly regular cycle, you may insert The DivaCup right before your period to avoid spotting.